I am without thinking more than you know.
I am the pillow that your head will sleep upon
the tear that rolls down your unforgiving cheek.
I am the calm before the storm
the anger that make you dig down deep.
I am without thinking more than you know,
I am the river that will always flow,
I am the dream that you dare not speak.
I am the reason for your love,
the childs hug and the knock on the door.
that tent that a homless person will use
the light that make dawn so inviting.
I am without thinking
and all that I am can be found in your hands.
I am the need to make you feel better,
I am the pain to lets you know your alive.
I am the old and new reborn
I am all and all that I see though everything is me.
I am the thought for all your gods
the passion and posing for all your deities.
I am the wolf that eats your sheep
I am the grass beneath your feet.
I am the cartaker who has all the keys,
I am without thinking all that you need.
I am the star that lovers kiss under
the sun that warms your back
the ice in your beer and the plaster you fear.
I am the boogie man under the bed
I am the flower that smell so sweet
the forgotten dream
the wisper in your ear.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Thinking by maria goodison )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)