RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Writing In A Nail Parlor
Sitting in a nail parlor, smelling scents of nail polish being applied to women's nails.
Bottles of polish, various colors, standing on shelves waiting to be chosen by a particular person on any given day.
Writing, waiting for a friend's daughter to get her nails finished.
Just enjoying alone time to write what I want, watch people come and go, reading their expressions and sensing their feelings.
Capturing it all in a poem while waiting.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writing In A Nail Parlor by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra
- Beatific, Naveed Khalid
- Bed of lust, Gerald Obinna