My feet are pointing high in the air,
I'm blinded by a veil of hair.
My body is shaking, a teardropp appears...
Is it too late to let me out of here!
I sneak a peek at you..do you find this amusing?
My skirt 'round my ears, my neighbours assuming....
That my moaning and screaming is born from fun,
Not knowing my instincts are telling me 'RUN! '
But wait..there's a thrill.....I feel so alive
My body is speeding as though to survive!
Laughter has replaced the feeling of dread.
Smiles have pushed my ears high on my head: -D
By the time I realise, I like it more than I'm s'pose ta
It's time to vacate from my first rollercoaster.
LET'S GO AGAIN! ! ! : -)
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Go and check her awesome poetry out......I just did.......again: -)
Comments about this poem (Cheap Thrill by Ruby Honeytip )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra