Honny Zubedi Poems
- A Lousy Lump Of Sand. In this winter afternoon, sitting ...
- Disillusioned. She's the soul of my thoughts, In front of ...
- If Not For You. Here I am sitting alone; With any hope of ...
- A Lively Scene. What a lovely sight it would make, Me and ...
- Your Eyes. Why am I so sad today; When deeply thinking ...
- Many Mays... Since I have met you, passed are a lot of days; ...
- Waiting? It's been so many days; Since I've seen your ...
Born in Karachi, on 30th January,1961, in a well educated family. Hanif was endowed with an extra ordinary intellect, which he improved by dint of his hard work and devotion to his studies.
In private life, he was a very lovable man, and respectful to his elders and kind to his juniors.
He lived a full life.He had a number of friends and a number of social obligations which he always discharged with smiling face.
He died of an accidental drowning due to a fall on June 4th,1982 in Arabian sea, near Karachi.
We shall all return to dust but late Hanif Zubedi(Honny) has gone too early in his twenties.
These are the ways of God.
... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Lousy Lump Of Sand.
In this winter afternoon, sitting alone;
For a lovely, loving partner, I long.
I think, gazing outside the open window;
Surely, into a love-hungry-human I'll grow.
Traveling alone, knowing not, where;
To claim her, I would not dare.
For I am nothing compared to her;
A lousy lump of sand, to the moon~~~I appear.