She walks the shore.
While tears flow free.
She wonders if the waves can see.
Do they know this truth profound
Her scattered hopes cannot be found.
Dreams discarded make no sense.
Plans postponed cannot be spent.
Tides ebb and flow no matter what,
For human plans don't care a jot.
So she turns to greet the day.
The water laps then slips away.
Tides keep turning with the moon.
Her life is changed and very soon,
Her love will leave her heart behind.
She carries on though tears may blind.
She will prevail.
She will grow strong.
Once again she will hear loves song.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
looking so sad and i wondered why so this is what i came up with`
Comments about this poem (Hope by Noreen Carden )
- Apparition of the Virgin, Ron Slate
- Granite City, Ron Slate
- General Sweeney Dies at 84, Ron Slate
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Song of Enchantment, Walter de la Mare
- Some One, Walter de la Mare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
- Heather Burns
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)