Life A Journey
I am born.
My own clean sheet.
My road in life is incomplete.
I start my journey baby steps
Alternate routes to right and left.
Wayward steps lead me astray.
My parents, warned, worried, prayed.
My journeys changed now i'm full grown.
My steps are totally my own.
I learn each time i veer away.
Each lesson marks me in some way.
My scars i hide, my fair sides out.
I walk and learn what life is about.
Now i'm in my sunset years.
I've learned my lessons have no fear
I made mistakes along the way.
Each time my conscience made me pay.
Advice to youth if they allow.
Life is precious live well now.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life A Journey by Noreen Carden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd