The Night Of The Star
On the night of the star,
gifts lain at his feet.
He comes into being.
In the temple with priests,
he holds them enthralled.
The wisdom of god,
in the words of a child.
He grows to a rebel.
A fisher of men.
A critic of priests.
Their tables he turned.
He saved the adulterer,
from death by the stone.
Magdelene he counted.
among his loved ones.
He became mankind's saviour.
He endured death on a cross.
His agony he offered,
So that souls won't be lost
So let us remember,
at this Christmas time.
To thank and to praise,
our saviour divine
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Star by Noreen Carden )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
Poem of the Day
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni
- My Life Summed Up, Jay Ojha
- City Of Glass (Inflation), Arno Le Roux
- Life Is A Hopscotch Game, Arno Le Roux
- A Fish in a Coloured World, Rohit Sapra
- Nature is a Beautiful Creation, Rohit Sapra
- Survivors, Tamara Mirianashvili
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong