11/11 Chasing The Dream.
Beware embracing with fervent desire
a romantic involvement.
It can enmesh worse than netting of steel, and curse
flesh with fire.
Emotion consumes, dictates every movement,
lays bare vulnerability and
exposes raw hearts.
Life on knife-edge of sheer captivation, when started,
can really excite.
It enlightens each thought, yet passion betokens control,
it demands more stimultation that often
bewilders the soul.
Chasing the dream requires taking a hold of the skirt
of reality and flirting
with something akin to voluntary insanity.
It can rattle sensations like a canine shaking a bone.
Vincibility bespeaks depth of personal need, it uncovers
exposure to seeds of proneness.
Love grips so tight it cleaves to the core, yet emotion
augments as it elevates too.
So, does this vigorous vivaciousness, this tempest
of pure implication appeal
dear to you?
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (11/11 Chasing The Dream. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra