RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Joy
Watching elderly dancers smiling, stepping in time with one another, growing younger with every song being sung and played.
Reminders of younger days, seeing my parents together, enjoying dancing the two step - the only dance Dad knew!
Quiet joy and happiness at seeing them made my heart overflow with emotion and love to see them caring about one another.
A simpler time before the melt down of their love for one another came to be.
A child's joy kept stored inside - a treasure to be remembered in trials of beginning life.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Joy by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life in peril, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR
- Christmas Carol, Luo Zhihai
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah