A Crack In The Mirror
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Where are you hiding me?
That face is not the one I recall.
It’s not the me I seem to be.
Forget that school reunion picture.
I’m not the fella standing there.
Who could all those others be?
Where is Joe and Fred, with their hair?
Could that be Bill and Paul?
So many I never saw.
Could it be we were classmates once?
I feel like such a dunce.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.
Why can’t you hide the years?
A crack now in your face appears.
My memory is cracking too I fear.
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Crack In The Mirror by Ben Gieske )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes