A Crack In The Mirror
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Where are you hiding me?
That face is not the one I recall.
It’s not the me I seem to be.
Forget that school reunion picture.
I’m not the fella standing there.
Who could all those others be?
Where is Joe and Fred, with their hair?
Could that be Bill and Paul?
So many I never saw.
Could it be we were classmates once?
I feel like such a dunce.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.
Why can’t you hide the years?
A crack now in your face appears.
My memory is cracking too I fear.
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Crack In The Mirror by Ben Gieske )
- I Walk Not Alone, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Heaven Be You, Nicholas Nikolov
- Today somewhere, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The nasty people الهبابير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The not so cold wind blows, Bill Cantrell
- The Swing Door., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unchampioning The Champion, Walter T Rambwi
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns