A Crack In The Mirror
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Where are you hiding me?
That face is not the one I recall.
It’s not the me I seem to be.
Forget that school reunion picture.
I’m not the fella standing there.
Who could all those others be?
Where is Joe and Fred, with their hair?
Could that be Bill and Paul?
So many I never saw.
Could it be we were classmates once?
I feel like such a dunce.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.
Why can’t you hide the years?
A crack now in your face appears.
My memory is cracking too I fear.
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Crack In The Mirror by Ben Gieske )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- swimming, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Leter tim biri, skender iljaz braka
- The wise people, hasmukh amathalal
- Resiliendum, Anthony Di'anno
- Per ty Palestine, skender iljaz braka
- Crisis Arrives, Naveed Akram
- My phantom grandpa!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- admiring the love of love, Jamal Downes
- Alabama Love, Jamal Downes
- Genna, Jamal Downes