A Father's Remorseful Lament
They are slain for none their sins,
But of mine-
For Mine very sins,
Their sin was just being my kids;
Who died before birth:
Pining, suffocating in the mother's womb.
He was lonely or they were twins
Or their mother's kind notion;
Slain is their mild smile,
Infant innocence of wild emotions.
Their mother even did share their pine,
Their endless pain brought them alone
To the Death's black shine.
Their pleasures ended without the term (pleasure) known,
Their wild esctacy has never been shown.
If ever those foreheads-
These lips shall kiss?
If ever this heart-
Can have their companying bliss?
Vain are these longings,
Impossible is the bliss.
No love no care,
No nourishing ever known
When parental cruelty was all to be done.
She (their mother) might have her suppressed sorrows
I couldn't feel those white hues.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Father's Remorseful Lament by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- if you ask me, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Don't Forget Me, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Know Thyself, Savita Tyagi
- counting moths, lee fones
- Is This India Where Female Foeticide Is .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- आंखौबो अन, Bahadur Basumatary
- In company, hasmukh amathalal
- In our company, hasmukh amathalal
- Scenario Z, Rod Lloyd
- IT Screams = spittin on the mortal cum.., sEaN nOrTh