A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm
I was the proverbial busy bee
Up in the attic down on my knee
Brush the piano feed the hare.
Tend the home with loving care.
To the market now, hitch a ride.
Water the hollyhocks on the side.
The fence an lawn were my pride.
So the kids an my hubby's stride.
Walked at a clip an over the hill.
How fast it was I wonder still.
Surely sets to our east and west,
At HOME here, a guess at best.
My glasses I broke on that sill,
get em fixed, don't have the will.
No ones been to see me for days
My sis when called, said she prays
See my hands, he'd tenderly hold,
gave me a solitaire, ringed in gold.
Wrinkled dry, parched with times.
Knobby; shakin, searching dimes.
Could you please do my bed?
Could you nurse have me fed.
O' someone please do my shirts
Do someone, please draw the curts
We wet eyed rock an wait our turns
As nature cavorts an the candle burns
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm by saadat tahir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan