A poem of flesh and blood
A SCENE FROM A CHICKEN CENTRE. IF ALL THESE HELPLESS CREATURES BEGAN TO SPEAK.........
The grills are open
and we are free to escape.
The skies are open
and we are free on our wings.
But we are flightless,
we are on the passage of twilight.
Squeals from behind shatter our dreams,
our friends are strangled to death.
An escape is a vain attempt;
we are living within a tempest.
The butcher's knife is on the go
and the imminent truth is very plain.
Any moment the curtains could be drawn,
we are already in the waiting list.
No more moments are glorious for us,
no more dawns are in our reserve.
The buyer's choice finally bangs our doors,
our flesh is measured, price fixed.
A squeal and a breathless moment...,
Our life is drawn by the hungry world.
Ravi Panamanna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A poem of flesh and blood by Ravi Panamanna )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)