A poem of flesh and blood
A SCENE FROM A CHICKEN CENTRE. IF ALL THESE HELPLESS CREATURES BEGAN TO SPEAK.........
The grills are open
and we are free to escape.
The skies are open
and we are free on our wings.
But we are flightless,
we are on the passage of twilight.
Squeals from behind shatter our dreams,
our friends are strangled to death.
An escape is a vain attempt;
we are living within a tempest.
The butcher's knife is on the go
and the imminent truth is very plain.
Any moment the curtains could be drawn,
we are already in the waiting list.
No more moments are glorious for us,
no more dawns are in our reserve.
The buyer's choice finally bangs our doors,
our flesh is measured, price fixed.
A squeal and a breathless moment...,
Our life is drawn by the hungry world.
Ravi Panamanna's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A poem of flesh and blood by Ravi Panamanna )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Flower of Liberty, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..