A Ring of Memory
She found his ring
the other day
where she had put it
Like a key
its lock undone
the ring brought memories
one by one.
‘With this ring’
the preacher read,
vows were said.
The time was short
to the ‘death do us’ part
and now his home
was in her heart.
A single tear fell
from her eye.
It always did that,
made her cry.
She kissed the ring,
tucked it back away
and locked up the memories.
No more today.
C.J. Heck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Ring of Memory by C.J. Heck )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Untitled (We Were On A Train), Joseph Archer
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath
- Colorful Dots-2, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- You, Joseph Archer
- दुखुनि मोदै हुगारनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Colorful Dots-1, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Be The Candle, Neela Nath
- A Very Simple Song, Joseph Archer
- Yule Log, GRANT FRASER
- Necromancy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK