A Special Someone.....
A poem for a Special Someone
Which in mind I always had,
This person who was also once his Mamma's lad
Has dutifully moulded himself to be a great Dad.
As the saying goes, Dad is a son's first hero
And a daughters first love,
Who goes out of the way to meet their demands
Without asking who why what how!
He silently plays his role
Hence his greatness is hardly known,
As Mom usually gets all the credit
Coz in major household chores she usually deems fit.
Dad, you have shown what Family really means (Father And Mother I Love You)
You have nurtured our needs,
I cannot forget your loving and caring nature
Which you have selflessly showered, come any weather!
Words can never thank you enough
For all of your love and tears,
That have shaped me into who I am today
Over these many years.....
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Special Someone..... by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1753 – 5 December 1784)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- And because Love battles, Pablo Neruda
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
Poem of the Day
- Eliot, Your Modern Hollow Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Point of Submission [Deictic Conclusions], Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Gift, Frank Avon
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.