Abode of Love
Love cannot be contained
And kept within doors
The Love ingrained
Will be let out with tears.
When in people Love is copious
Even to the very bones, they give
The Love-less people are ambitious
Appropriating all to themselves massive.
Like the relation of life precious
With body and soul
There should be relation of life precious
With life as a whole.
When you are with Love in amicability
You are in great harmony
That begets cordiality
And with friendship you are in symphony.
The greatness of binding Love
Who long live in wed-lock
Will obtain in Heaven
The result of their true love-lock.
Love is the base of virtue
So deem the Wise
For demolishing the evil too
Love does instantly rise.
Like the fierce sun’s heat
That roasts the critters
A soul sans love sweet
Virtue’s power dries it to litters.
When the mind sans Love
Lives in this domestic world
It’s like dry boulders that allow
Shooting of tender leaves curled.
If the inner organ—the mind
Is of suffusing Love devoid
Of what use is it to have in bind
The other organs which are then void.
That body which treads in life
The Love- path, so glad
Is the one which pulsates with life
Else it’s a skeleton, skin clad.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
written by the Poet Saint’ Thiruvalluvar’ some 2000 years ago.
These are the 10 Kurals from the chapter’ Anbudaimai ‘
Comments about this poem (Abode of Love by chandra thiagarajan )
- Alter Ego, Foster Teegarden
- Pigeon, Foster Teegarden
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Foster Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley