Linda Marie Van Tassell
Come! Give me your thoughts that have wandered far and long
in the realm of green meadows and the daisies' song
of love-me, love-me-not petals that shed their tears
beneath the hope of your touch and the joy of years.
Hold me! Wrap me in love where the flowers abound;
and let us plant the sweetest roots on sacred ground,
where no waters divide and no mountains shall rise.
Let us build our Eden and make it paradise.
Let us catch the splendor of the indigo breeze
and make wine in the shade beneath bountiful trees.
In vineyards of pleasure and succulent delight,
let us slice open the moon and eat it tonight.
Let the light penetrate and give birth to the dream
as love-me, love-me petals float the merry stream.
Explosions of ecstasy cast a reflection
from the soul to the eyes of dear, sweet affection.
Come! Yours is the love that presses into my skin.
It is the wellspring of life that I revel in.
I am poised on the precipice, waiting to fall,
inflamed by the glory and wonder of it all.
Your love is my life; we are writ in heaven's scroll.
You steal all my senses, and you shudder my soul.
Come! I need nothing more from life other than this:
to end my journey on the silk waves of your kiss.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Affection by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian
- I Wish..., Almedia Knight Oliver