An Yearn For Youth
Innocence hath lost
Now youth withdraws,
And rude and hoarse maturity
Loosing its spell of sensible fog;
O thou warm-hearted fellow
I crave, I yearn for thy frenzy romance;
O Youth! O Youth! O Youth!
I see thee still
But `tis thy back-
Thy all withdrawing frenzy.
O my sweetheart beloved fellow
I call thee back, I long thee back
I earnestly yearn thy blessing company
I cry for thee, I crave for thee
I call for thee from my heart`s intense purity.
O my friends! My youth companions!
Look inside and feel thy heart
O this maturity!
`Tis what monotony!
Own-ness crubles, friendship decays
And mean gravity-
Streaching its claws
To prey upon our youthful frenzy,
To feast upon our joys and freedom.
And thy earnest and haughty person
Leads steadily to the deserted horizon.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Yearn For Youth by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery