Ernest Christopher Dowson
We have walked in Love's land a little way,
We have learnt his lesson a little while,
And shall we not part at the end of day,
With a sigh, a smile?
A little while in the shine of the sun,
We were twined together, joined lips forgot
How the shadows fall when day is done,
And when Love is not.
We have made no vows - there will none be broke,
Our love was free as the wind on the hill,
There was no word said we need wish unspoke,
We have wrought no ill.
So shall we not part at the end of day,
Who have loved and lingered a little while,
Join lips for the last time, go our way,
With a sigh, a smile.
Ernest Christopher Dowson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (April Love by Ernest Christopher Dowson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Prayers, kyvin nash
- nineteen ninety six, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rocky needle, Nassy Fesharaki
- My china, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Shall Be With You, Anelle Komana
- Wolves of Chaos, Maverick Jones
- Heart and mind at war, Rodney R. Cooper
- OUR NEED FOR LOVE, Tom Zart
- Apocalypse, Roisin Batty
- HATE, LUST, SHAME, FEAR & DISCRACE, Tom Zart