Beautiful Pearl Of Thoughts!
While writing a poem
The Poet may have to take a dip
In the river of emotions.
The poet may have to take
Number of dips
To drink the emotions
Sip by sip
And feel the
Thoughts slowly and slowly
Each tiny drops of thoughts
Turn into words.
And words flows around
You like butterflies.
To make a beautiful poem.
Sometimes the poet may have to
Dive so deep down
The seabed that
Poet may come out with
So is the poem too
Like a pearl of words
Where each pearl of words
Is passed thru thread and tied together to
Form a beautiful
Necklace of pearls.
So is the reader too
By reading it and feeling it.
Feeling each pearl is like
A necklace of pearls.
Pearls are so precious as words
Unique shell cover the pearl of thoughts
Once penned down a beautiful poem comes out of a shell.
Like a Necklace of beautiful pearls.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Pearl Of Thoughts! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian
- Run Silent Run Deep, lingering stupor