RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Scanning memories, watching their images hurrying across visions in bright colors of feelings.
Touching emotions with care, befriending them so they can no longer scare me when I feel them.
Those that deal with anger are buried so deeply that I can't always feel them and I end up crying, spilling tears all around me, trying to rid them from my being.
Yet, sanity prevails as usual and I solemnly try to listen and make peace with what I can understand.
It's only sent to me a little at a time and only when I want to deal with it.
It's too big a part of my personality to try and ignore it, so I do what I can.
It's alright I guess, even though I'd rather just finish with it and go on living my life without it's negative impact.
Life would be so much more nicer - soothing, happier, peaceful in friendship.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Befriending Emotions by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French