Behind The Mask.
Somewhere beyond the horizon a bluebird wails
I know that feeling; I know that heart that ails.
It’s not the right time to say to you this,
I know it’s too late to think,
But you still walk through my way,
Even though, you are miles away.
Walking through the path you left behind,
Searching for the heart you took away.
The spin of love and hatred is only a coin’s flip away
But what if it’s conquered by shadow of betrayal?
The pieces of my heart which you broke
Stares at me like I am not left with any last resort,
You betrayed me in every walk of life,
But I trusted you still,
Is that my default or your perfection?
Your soft calm smile doesn’t assure me anymore,
I am awake now, and I untangle you from me.
You’re loving hands and lips that appeared tender
As I bleed, I swear I won’t anymore surrender.
With a sigh, I remember those memories,
Which now taunt me?
As these lovely memories die,
I bid you goodbye
i part my way...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind The Mask. by shreya nair )
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)