Torn, slapped stamped and burned
How far will you suffer girl?
Why do you cover the scratches and wounds that still bleed?
Why long sleeved covered dresses and that fake smile you wield.
Are you afraid of the comments of revealing?
Then why was a little girl went through all that nasty dealings?
All those beautiful relationships, has it gone stale?
Her life was nothing but a fairytale,
Cinderella, Rupunzel and snow white
Why do they leave her side every night?
Did she reveal too much? , I know what you do
You pretend all the hurt inside you
You smile as if it doesn’t hurt,
When all that pain inside you are ready to spurt.
Why are there smeared tearstains at the dawn?
Why can’t there be smiles instead of mourn?
Why are so many questions unanswered?
Why are there melancholies blurted?
Who are they? Woman or witches?
Considering so many gasping stitches!
You should’ve stood up
It’s hard to forget
With a lifetime to regret
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pink by shreya nair )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns