Are you afraid of dark?
Or of a heady accident that leaves a mark?
Scars and wounds will stay there for forever
It’s them that teaches you to get up gracefully like ever
Tears and cries create your character
But down to the present,
In the icy creek, you have to weave strength
As much you can muster.
Life doesn’t end on fork roads
It could appear as cold as dungeons and moats.
But straighten up soldier, it a long way down
It’s twisted and curled all the way around.
There is no sunny sky here, no flower bloom
It feels like wintery cream of fear that looms.
Who is the one to give up a fight?
Who curls up in a corner from everyone’s sight?
Who is the one who never runs in a race,
But in the last moment participate?
It you, you are the fire
You are the strength,
You are the one who heals and fight till any lenght
You are the sun, you the moon
You can cast away any doom.
With enough defiance and pride,
Stand up and watch them stutter by…
And skies will burst amber.
And flowers will be painted in bright colors just like you remember
The path will fill with buds and moss
But never forget what you have lost.
You problems and worries may stay in the sack,
But when they get loose you should be always ready to fight back!
shreya nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (fight back by shreya nair )
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
- Love, dee villa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)