Subbaraman N V
BLOSSOM OF A LOVELY LIFE
Right on the day we enter
Know well that we will quit the center
With the bonus of extended sixty
Well served with grace and plenty
Why then the fear and feeling
Of depression and desolation right to the ceiling!
Retirement is not the end of life
Sure it's blossom of a lovely life
That makes a gentle gesture
Yielding place to the youthful texture!
God's gift of hundred years
To be lived in peace without tears
In serenity and dignity all the way
Relax, reflect, recapture in a sweet sway!
Nature offers mirth and joy
Young or old can sure enjoy
Sick in person not a bar
Sick in mind sure to abhor!
Love the world, love its mold
Love thy work, love thy life
Love thy neighbor, love thy labor
Love the sky, love the stars
Love the Nature, love its rapture
Love is reciprocal, sip its bliss!
(As an advice to those who feel desolate on retirement)
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BLOSSOM OF A LOVELY LIFE by Subbaraman N V )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey