Yet to have breakfast,
Its 0919, forced fasts
Where is fast food?
He came a while ago,
Hypodermic, a jab on my right
I feel mosquito bites,
Not the needles soft insight
what shall you have sir?
I ordered FBS, HbA1C please,
With a report at supper if you may please.
At your service sir, USD 11.
Money I love you, good service at convenience.
I went to my window sill,
Chanced to see a dove, in smooth flight,
Between to parallel steel bars, from extreme right,
To the pole of its universe on my extreme left.
Not once did it flap.
The world of men below moved and chugged,
Chaotic at their sense of ebb and flow.
It dawned on me, a matter of perspective,
I was free,
The sill was a mystery
The world was caged,
I was visiting them on a holiday,
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breakfast. by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Rainfall, Anthony Daniels
- Maintaining Excellency, Anthony Daniels
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh