RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Counting Down Time
Watching time count itself down to the end, with death standing there, awaiting it's time.
Expecting the obvious, knowing it is always unexpected, yet feeling it anew each time.
Exhausting periods of life when eyes begin to close on earth, soon to reopen on the other side of heaven, no one knowing that you're gone until it's too late.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Counting Down Time by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns