Cuckoo and The Crow
With my pleasant winged thought, was somewhere?
Cuckoo, the black bird that just sang the sweetest song!
Listened and got hurt, now with unpleasant mind, here
Awake with my unfathomable disgust; I am not wrong!
Raven; the black ugly throated bird, with the unrest cry!
Flew behind the Cuckoo’s melodious song that teased her
And there bulky grey Cuckoo silently laid her eggs, a spy,
On their nest, Cuckoo’s flattery: acquired modernity’s burr.
Crow that hatches unwaged the others eggs and brings
Them up, unhurt, unflirt, like a fool, in a motherly way
They love them unto their freedom and on their wings
‘Motherly hatch by a bird of prey ‘they sadly sing with gay
Truth is always harsh and unpleasant with a flavor!
And flattery soothes the mind yet it curses for ever.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cuckoo and The Crow by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- ZZ Companies Using Sugar Burn Animals Al.., Saiom Shriver
- starry smile, Eva Tortora
- lit up ocean, Eva Tortora
- A Boy's Dream (Sad), Manauwer Raza
- blue moon orange, Eva Tortora
- Lone gypsy 2, Nalini Chaturvedi
- an angle of angels........................, Eva Tortora
- a mile of music ~!, Eva Tortora
- walk with me, Eva Tortora
- petals in the sand......................., Eva Tortora