Brothers, you and I were,
in you I called a friend.
A memory I now solemnly bare,
a great bond shatteringly brought to an end.
Instead of talking we took stance,
against an enemy of each other,
our bond stood no chance,
in duel with a brother.
As bulls we fiercely raged,
Blood and sweat we shed.
Army against army we surged,
Insults and curses we said.
Oh brother bitter revenge,
Is not the promise I pledge.
Not a thought of it in my mind,
Curse my actions for they made you blind.
Pain and sorrow we've spilt,
Over the bond we built.
All that is left is the memories we have,
We'll hunt in the forests of our hearts,
When each other's company we starve.
mbuyu makayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear Brother by mbuyu makayi )
- Lock& key, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Will you accept my tiny rose, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dig in me, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav