Devil's claws: Songs of a Sinner
My soul weeps
pain and sorrows
I cry out for a savior.
My spirit is full of sin, it drips,
empty for the things of the world
I find no favor.
In the gloom of night,
steered by the coldness of sin
My nightmares take flight,
O savior wash me clean.
My Heart is burdened
worldly merry making cant cheer
My heart is saddened
Death fills me with fear.
In the pits of my despair
I yearn for a savior loving care
O Jesus my sins i can no longer bare
My friends are all gone
Death knocks on my door
afraid i have turned to stone
O gracious savior save me from
the devil's claws.
My life without you has no meaning
give me a love greater than human feeling.
mbuyu makayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil's claws: Songs of a Sinner by mbuyu makayi )
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- soon. chapter 3., Mandolyn ...
- soon. chapter 2, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)