Drona was supposed to be a guru,
He asked for the thumb of his student,
An Archer of all Archers,
He did not want Arjuna to loose,
At the hands of Ekalavya.
India commemorates sportsmanship,
By honouring the best coaches in sports,
With Dronacharya awards.
I always knew the government was dumb,
I always knew it was bland and smelled of dung,
But I never knew it was so blatantly vulgar,
And spiritedly nude.
Eklavya was lucky, it was only a thumb.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dronacharya Awards by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Demon, gajanan mishra
- COLORS OF THE DAY, Philo Yan
- Il faut charger les mots, Eric Dubois
- GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- <<< I am not yet feeling nausea, Abdul Wahab
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar