With each trusting word I say,
I tend to lose myself,
a little everyday.
With each kind hug that I give,
I tend to make
the same old mistakes.
With each dream that gets dreamt,
it makes my illusisons spread under me
and make my bed.
With each step I take
my legs are getting weaker
and my body becomes unwilling,
it's time almost spent.
With each drink thats drunk
and each meal thats eaten
the rotting is slowed.
And soon I know,
things will stop
and nothing more will go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Each Day by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Heroe, Portia Lane
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty