You are worried about the environment?
I am also worried.
So are the children.
There is always a give and take.
Quid pro quo.
Do you ever scratch my back, if I don't scratch yours?
Gimme a break, scratches move us asses
Mutual ones, understood, do you need it spelled?
I am not getting angry on you,
I am mad at the environment,
Am I hearing you right?
Are you drunk?
The whole world is worried sick of it,
And there is no sign of approach from it the nitwit,
What a prick, it does not want to negotiate,
It's the environment that's sick; it is the one which deteriorates!
You think I am nuts?
If that's the way it wants to behave, to hell with its guts,
Let me repeat my policy,
I don't negotiate with a gun pulled to my supreme idiocy.
It's all give and take; we have scratched you, now it's your turn.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Environmental Negotiations by Hardik Vaidya )
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
- Often I Am Reminded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- God Knows, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)