Close are the bonds of friendship's love.
Tighter than guy-ropes made of steel
Are the ties of affection, proving
At length, the power of feelings.
Born of real ease with another,
They create needs stronger than pain.
Friendship defies hurt, discovers,
After a little while, that chains
Made in life's fire can never break.
Time will gather the trailing threads
Once again, and for friendships's sake,
Will make tighter still love's rope, led
By acceptance that friends stay true,
I offer this outstretched hand to you.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship's Hand. by Fay Slimm )
- With nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Owl, kassem oude
- No ordinary, hasmukh amathalal
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar