You remind me of misery.
The misery of want
The misery of need
The misery of love.
The misery of not having you,
yet I do.
The pain is sweet to my lips
even as I kiss you.
The hurt of this desire
is pain to my body
yet it moves me.
Your eyes weaken my soul
yet they strengthen me.
Your words are those of suffocation
to my breath
and heaviness to my chest.
Yet I inhale,
with pure want
and pure misery.
That of which
you remind me.
Donnie Wolff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fyi by Donnie Wolff )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash