If I could look into your past perhaps I'd understand.
You stayed guarded.
I wanted so badly for you to share your heart.
You allowed only glimpses of your pain.
I held you as if you were the child.
Comforting, encouraging, stroking your hair.
Now a mother,
I realize, you still felt a little girl.
For I have layed in my daugters arms, and was comforted.
I wear this uniform.
My girls think me
Inside I feel I pulled one off.
For I am that little girl, who has learned lessons in life.
I have earned this.
I listened Daddy,
I listened Mommy.
I did what I was told.
I learned from your mistakes.
Thank you for walking that road for me.
I will not travel it.
You came back and told me of the paths destruction!
I will be thankful.
I will be content!
Even if I walk alone!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Growing up! by Vonda Overlie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roses In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma
- Evolution, Is It Poetry