When I'm gone
please don't cry.
Release your tears now
so I'll have wings to fly.
Tell the weeping willow to no longer
weep for there is no need.
Tell the sky to open its clouds
for my soul is ready to be free.
Free from mind, body, and heart
for these things have all grown apart.
If a tear does fall and you feel weird
have no fear because my soul is near.
The clouds have opened and
my soul is ready to leave.
At night wish upon a star with a silent prayer
and my soul will find your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardian Angel by Aisha Love )
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
- ~Someone Knows~, E Nigma
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
- Poet Persona and YOU, which is which?, Mr. Nobody
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow