Horses in my mind.
My mind is full of horses, running blind.
Each one of them young, mad and wild.
All black stallions, elegant and galloping,
Each one of them a poet in the making.
They refuse to be tamed, they refuse to be shamed,
Those idiots are convinced they are Nobel Laureates unnamed.
Sound is panting to keep pace with their ranting,
The earth is shaking to keep pace with their thudding.
All these mad souls perhaps need, is a simple breeze gush
That carries from your cherry lips the sweet note of hush.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Horses in my mind. by Hardik Vaidya )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi