I'd Like to HumpYou
Mazayin Dhafra Camel Festival in Abu Dhabi is where the festivities began,
On April 2, to last 11 days,
Not a Victoria’s Secret or Miss Universe pageant,
The camels were paraded from many countries to celebrate the culture of the Bedouin.
The winners were there and sent losers home in defeat.
The festival also included a camel beauty contest, where thousands of owners
strutted their animals in a bid for the top prize of finest overall camel and separate
categories such as best neck, head, lips, nose, hump, legs or feet.
The Best in Show, was a camel that fetched $2.7 million dollars,
That is about 400 filled up gasoline tanks in the future,
Sheik Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum,
The Prince of the Dubai,
Shoveled out his money for the female dromedary,
In your tea one lump or two?
In all 17,000 camels were entered into the beauty show.
How many harems would $2.7 million (or 1.8 million Euros) buy in Dubai?
“I’d walk a mile for a camel” is only an expression that is outdated.
But for the Prince of Dubai, he seems to have been elated.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'd Like to HumpYou by Joe Rosochacki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki
- de tijd is een philosophie, co the skipper
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz