I Salute You Artist
I salute you artist
Who can bring my master home to me.
Love they say has no language,
And no time to bloom
A single flower blooming in all the hearts
Be it sun or storm.
I salute the heart that guides the hand
And the hand that guides the brush.
At the command of love,
The universe freezes in transcendental joy;
The heart thaws and the land is flooded
The heart, the mind, the brush and the oil
All merging into a perfect marriage.
No mortal can rise up to this miracle.
For perfection is only my master’s own exclusivity.
So I salute the hand
That could so faultlessly play the games of my master.
With a few sweeps of your paint brush,
A universe is born.
Limitless space blooms
Earth, moon and sun adjust
Million of stars twinkle in the dark sky,
All locked into an unimaginable and motionless speed.
I salute you artist.
Given a little more inspiration,
The river would be running,
The trees swaying in the wind,
The sun rising
Behind those unruly skeins of clouds.
These birds are raring
To abandon themselves to the blue sky
From their colourful and exuberant oil perches.
I could feel
Their will to break free from this condemned immobility.
My heart swells
I warm up.
Unshed tears prick my eyes.
I cry in joy at the marvel
My master has made of this place!
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Salute You Artist by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)