A Touch Of Light
Let us for a moment
Dare to hold our books to our hearts,
Invoking some sincerity.
Their wisdom is timeless
Made to lighten our way
On the path of life.
For life is not merely
A means to glorify our needs and our greed.
But a way, a chance to evolve,
Perchance to see the reality we came from
And in time we go back to.
The messages in there are
Shoulders to cry on,
Sticks to lean on,
Water to cool our dry throats
And shelters at night
When gripped by fear of death.
They teach love,
We understand hatred
They teach truth and honesty
We understand greed
They teach oneness,
We understand division
Where they teach peace and good conduct
We preach war and bloodshed.
Before those books
There were them who said the messages.
Call them back,
They will tell us that
We are defiling what they said;
That the faults are not with the books
But with us
Who in our hearts make new copies
To fit our shortsighted and selfish visions.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Touch Of Light by Mohabeer Beeharry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Belong, Anthony Di'anno
- Focus On Your Studies, Ronell Warren Alman
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy