The flower of your heart
I brought a flower to him.
The wise old man shook his head.
Child, he said
I made the trees and the flowers;
I made the sun that gives warmth,
I made the rains that water the trees
That give flowers and fruits.
These I have given to you,
And you bring them back to me?
Give me something that I do not have,
That I cannot create myself:
Your love, your faith, your sincerity.
I want the flowers of your heart.
These I do not have.
On these I live.
For these I come again and again
Knocking at your door like a mendicant
Accepting tortures and insults
And welcoming the crown of thorns.
For these in my lone and scented
Places I cry in silence.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The flower of your heart by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- In A moment of Inattentiveness, Fatima Nusairat
- Circle of friends, Gerry Legister
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.35, Monk E. Biz
- for the man who keeps bees and brings th.., Mandolyn ...
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.34, Monk E. Biz
- Ba: CXII: 'loosening the 'Un', douglas scotney
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)