The flower of your heart
I brought a flower to him.
The wise old man shook his head.
Child, he said
I made the trees and the flowers;
I made the sun that gives warmth,
I made the rains that water the trees
That give flowers and fruits.
These I have given to you,
And you bring them back to me?
Give me something that I do not have,
That I cannot create myself:
Your love, your faith, your sincerity.
I want the flowers of your heart.
These I do not have.
On these I live.
For these I come again and again
Knocking at your door like a mendicant
Accepting tortures and insults
And welcoming the crown of thorns.
For these in my lone and scented
Places I cry in silence.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The flower of your heart by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
- Black Friar, Naveed Khalid
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 구로오피 송파오피걸의 모든것 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ구로오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- L.Messi 오피뷰 구로오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)