Mamma, when will I grow tall like you
As now I am looked up by very few;
I wanna fit into Paapa's shoes
Now for me its very loose!
When shall I earn money
As now I hardly have few penny;
I want to grow up and work hard
And buy for myself a stylish car!
O mama! when will I grow up and have fun
As now I am only in class One!
These are the innocent lines put forth
by my six year old;
Unaware of the life's challenges
Lying in his fold!
O my dear, why are you in a haste to grow
As then there are many challenges that life will throw;
Enjoy your childhood my dear
As the only challenge u have to face now is the exam fear!
No, No, Mamma! I want to grow fast
Challenges, fears, are all things of the past!
No, my dear! One day when you grow
You will remember your Mamma's word though;
But now its time for you to do your homework
Oh no Mamma! this is what it really irks!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops - Greek Version, Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hide and sick play, gajanan mishra
- Hide and sick, gajanan mishra
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang