Innocent heart, what has happened to you?
Alas, what is the cure to this pain?
We are interested, and they are displeased,
Oh Lord, what is this affair?
I too possess a tongue-
just ask me what I want to say.
Though there is none present without you,
then oh God, what is this noise about?
I expected faith from those
who do not even know what faith is.
Mirza Ghalib's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocent heart by Mirza Ghalib )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- Paper publisher, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah