Mirza Ghalib Poems
- It Is Not Love It Is Madness (You say) It is not love, it is...
- Heart It Is, Not A Brick Or St... Heart it is, not a brick or...
- The World Is A Playground I perceive the world as a ...
- A Thousand Desires Thousands of desires, each worth dying ...
- Gilah Hai Shauq Ko
- He Was, When It Was Aught He was, when it was aught He would...
- Ghazal I wish to go and dwell, In such a place, Where ...
Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan (Urdu/Persian: مرزا اسد اللہ بیگ خان) was a classical Urdu and Persian poet from India during British colonial rule. His also known as 'Mirza Asadullah Khan Galib', 'Mirza Galib', 'Dabir-ul-Mulk' and 'Najm-ud-Daula'. His pen-names was Ghaliband Asad or Asad or Galib. During his lifetime the Mughals were eclipsed and displaced by the British and finally deposed following the defeat of the Indian rebellion of 1857, events that he wrote of. Most notably, he wrote several ghazals during his life, which have since been interpreted and sung in many different ways by different people. He is considered, in South Asia, to be one of the most popular and influential poets of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It Is Not Love It Is Madness
(You say) It is not love, it is madness
My madness may be the cause of your fame
Sever not my relationship with you
If nothing then be my enemy
What is the meaning of notoriety in meeting me
If not in public court meet me alone
I am not my own enemy
So what if the stranger is in love with you
Whatever you are, it is due to your own being
If this not known then it is ignorance
Life though fleets like a lightening flash
Yet it is abundant Time to be in love
I do not want debate on the sustenance of love
Be it not love but another dilemma
Give something ...