Is it Life or Just an Illusion?
Broken spirit brings along heartache,
with sad eyes and blues image.
Tears drop for mourning soul.
Sun rise then sun set,
alongside with falling Star and faded moon.
Winds blow, thunders howl,
reluctantly ocean's surf flow.
Budding green leaf tumbled,
with pale shriveled flowers.
Lovely melody halted,
one more enduring day.
Endless forsaken nights,
when heart fills with emptiness.
Somber dreams and loss essence,
are seemingly here to stay!
Day comes and quickly goes.
Is it life or just an illusion?
Written by MaiLoan - Sunday 2/24/13 4: 32pm
MaiLoan Lee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Is it Life or Just an Illusion? by MaiLoan Lee )
- Transfer, Suresh Dogra
- The Time, Karunanidhy Shanmugam
- Our Promise, michael walkerjohn
- Future's Creed, michael walkerjohn
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)