It's Not Easy Being a Foster Parent
Sometimes it’s not easy being a foster parent.
I feel transparent.
I don’t know how to bond with you.
If only I knew.
All the hurts and pain you went through in life.
I would know how to deal with the strife.
Sometimes your words cut through like a knife.
Life is too short to be filled with anger.
I get tired of feeling like an annoying stranger.
Why can’t you tell that all I want to do is love you!
I know life isn’t always easy.
But, you are a beautiful being.
Everything that happened to you, I wish I could wipe away.
I pray that one day, you see the truth.
After you have grown through your youth,
I just wanted you to love me one day.
To me it makes no difference that I didn’t give birth to you.
If only you knew how much I love you.
If I could, I would rewrite time for you.
I love you!
To me you’re the sun the moon and the stars a new beginning that’s new.
My love for you grew.
Each day I saw you.
Like a baby tree that I watered.
I’m swimming with you in deep waters.
You’re not walking this life alone.
I want this love I have for you to be known.
I’m with you until you’re grown.
This love I have for you will never end.
You’re my daughter and my friend.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It's Not Easy Being a Foster Parent by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Will This Be On The Test, Asked Gretel, mary douglas
- Never judge a book by its cover, Mark Heathcote
- For The Sake Of Memory, Richard Provencher
- Peach Swung In The Vernacular, Day After.., mary douglas
- Wicked vulture's cry, Madrason writer
- I Saw The Fleeting Clouds Above The Plains, mary douglas
- silly Billy, lee fones
- Washed Farther Downstream, mary douglas
- Love lasts forever, Tiku akp