Just Forget It!
Each word went piercing down the beats of the heart.
That created millions of ripples in the depth of heart.
With ripples of smiles on her moonlike face
Drank the flood of tears sucked it inside which was,
About to shed from her watery eyes.
Like a black cloud they want to pour down heavily
But drank the bitterness with a smile on her face.
Words were lashing inside her mind,
which was resting on shores for a while.
Like the tides they went on hitting her high and low.
Trying to erase the words of hurt though written deep on sands of time.
Which had pinned her down with needles on her heart.
They just kept on multiplying over a period of time,
overlapping one another.
Kept on humming the ears drums
Like the honeybees beating the drums.
Kept on ringing in her ear for prolong
Like the mosquitos ringing tone ringing on her deaf ears.
Trying to forget.
But unable to forget.
If they could be washed down away with the steam of tears.
Wishing to forget each painful thoughts
But they keep on reappearing again and again
Like a picture to be seen by the blinded eyes.
It’s just like again refreshing those memories,
Which stood like a flashback in her eyes.
Like applying salt to the wounds, which are on its way to heal!
Just forget it...Keep away from such thoughts.... No choice left!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Forget It! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
- Musty Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Word Fright, michael walkerjohn
- Another Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns