Just Forget It!
Each word went piercing down the beats of the heart.
That created millions of ripples in the depth of heart.
With ripples of smiles on her moonlike face
Drank the flood of tears sucked it inside which was,
About to shed from her watery eyes.
Like a black cloud they want to pour down heavily
But drank the bitterness with a smile on her face.
Words were lashing inside her mind,
which was resting on shores for a while.
Like the tides they went on hitting her high and low.
Trying to erase the words of hurt though written deep on sands of time.
Which had pinned her down with needles on her heart.
They just kept on multiplying over a period of time,
overlapping one another.
Kept on humming the ears drums
Like the honeybees beating the drums.
Kept on ringing in her ear for prolong
Like the mosquitos ringing tone ringing on her deaf ears.
Trying to forget.
But unable to forget.
If they could be washed down away with the steam of tears.
Wishing to forget each painful thoughts
But they keep on reappearing again and again
Like a picture to be seen by the blinded eyes.
It's just like again refreshing those memories,
Which stood like a flashback in her eyes.
Like applying salt to the wounds, which are on its way to heal!
Just forget it...Keep away from such thoughts.... No choice left!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Forget It! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Night Thoughts, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.