I'm a girl, yet the name I won't tell
here's a story that will ring a bell
this is not one that will surely sell
nor is it one with a sad farewell
I have a friend who is so innocent and sweet
tell her you like her, she will definitely fleet
for her, a cotton candy is one hell of a treat
but don't be fooled, she's never far from the word elite.
Despite her attitude, grace and personality
She lacks one little detail we call maturity
Her aura is no doubt an indication of purity
One look and you will sense complete tranquility
Enough of all the praises, this girl is full of sadness
she's got everything, but haven't found true happiness
I tried everything just to ease her loneliness
Still, I can't find anything to fill her emptiness
Princess-like life, hers is an epitome
With a prince charming who is her enemy,
How sad could this be? Why can't anybody see?
That this lonely friend of mine is ME.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me by nijhako dibo )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan