Abby Christeen Whaley
My dreams bring me sorrow, pain
When I am asleep, only seeing you lessens the pain
But a dark figure pulls me away
And I find myself in a mirror..
In this mirror, I find cuts, on my cheeks, arms and neck.
I find swollen areas where I have been hurt
There turning black as the night..
I hold back my tears and look in the corner of the mirror, and all I see is two hands.
Mine and someone else's..
We keep reaching even closer but my cuts are getting bigger,
My swollen areas are getting blacker..
Once I touched this hand, I was bleeding to death,
I told them, 'don't let go till the end.'
In my end of my dreams, I lay on the ground crying, and my sorrow only grows and I bleed more.
I find blood on my hands and face and once my eyes are filled with tears
I let out a scream and I'm silent..
Till dawn, I am still in my pain and sorrow till the next night,
Of my dreams...
Abby Christeen Whaley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dreams by Abby Christeen Whaley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra