Abby Christeen Whaley
My dreams bring me sorrow, pain
When I am asleep, only seeing you lessens the pain
But a dark figure pulls me away
And I find myself in a mirror..
In this mirror, I find cuts, on my cheeks, arms and neck.
I find swollen areas where I have been hurt
There turning black as the night..
I hold back my tears and look in the corner of the mirror, and all I see is two hands.
Mine and someone else's..
We keep reaching even closer but my cuts are getting bigger,
My swollen areas are getting blacker..
Once I touched this hand, I was bleeding to death,
I told them, 'don't let go till the end.'
In my end of my dreams, I lay on the ground crying, and my sorrow only grows and I bleed more.
I find blood on my hands and face and once my eyes are filled with tears
I let out a scream and I'm silent..
Till dawn, I am still in my pain and sorrow till the next night,
Of my dreams...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Dreams by Abby Christeen Whaley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer